- Some Thoughts on the Utter Hell of Air Travel – with a particular shout-out to Delta
- Target – No Place for Bananas and a Larger Lesson in Frugal Living
- Why DO so many women support Hillary Clinton? (Part II)
- So why DO so many women support Hillary Clinton?
- Secret “Shame” of the American Middle Class?
- American Pickers Appliances aspirin auto Autos brown bag budget business practices car choice Clinton collision comprehensive consumers Coupon coupons credit cards damage Definition dents dings Driving eating out entitlement spending food Frank Fritz frequent shopper cards frugal frugality Fuel Gas generic groceries home hybrids inflation insurance Las Vegas leverage loyalty cards lunch madatory arbitration maximize medicine Mike Wolfe milk modern money saving Motorcycles Obama parking Paypal pickup truck Practical Prius privacy protect Review rights rules save scratches shopping storage SUV television think it through tools transportation travel use Vacation vehicles waiver Waste
Monthly Archives: September 2012
Milk is a great nutritional staple. It is a fine source of protein and of the ever elusive mineral calcium, which is so important to strong bones. Vitamin D, also hard to obtain, is another benefit of regular milk intake. … Continue reading
In my last post, I emphasized the importance of monitoring and tracking price increases when planning your brown bag lunch schedule. Inflation is a real problem with food, and brown bag lunch savings can quickly be erased if you are … Continue reading
Almost every list of suggested money saving strategies touts the brown bag lunch. For years, personal finance gurus have urged people to do the brown bag lunch thing as a means of saving substantial dollars. While it is true enough … Continue reading
Yesterday, I introduced you to my recent first, and hopefully last, trip to Las Vegas. I left off with me heading out to the Las Vegas “strip” in search of a reasonably priced meal. For pedestrians, the strip is a … Continue reading
Well, I’m back after a two day stay in lovely Las Vegas. I know what you’re thinking: “What’s a nice, frugal man like you doing visiting Las Vegas?” Unfortunately, I had no choice, as one of my important clients participates … Continue reading
Everyone knows how annoying dents and dings to your new car are. In fact, who doesn’t get steamed by the sight of a new dent or ding on a vehicle regardless of the vehicle’s age? Putting aside the annoyance factor, … Continue reading
Aspirin, once heralded as the great “wonder drug,” is a great thing to study from a practical frugal living perspective. In the early 1800s European scientists learned that willow bark contains salicin, an extract useful for dulling headache pain. Later … Continue reading