- Some Thoughts on the Utter Hell of Air Travel – with a particular shout-out to Delta
- Target – No Place for Bananas and a Larger Lesson in Frugal Living
- Why DO so many women support Hillary Clinton? (Part II)
- So why DO so many women support Hillary Clinton?
- Secret “Shame” of the American Middle Class?
- American Pickers Appliances aspirin auto Autos brown bag budget business practices car choice Clinton collision comprehensive consumers Coupon coupons credit cards damage Definition dents dings Driving eating out entitlement spending food Frank Fritz frequent shopper cards frugal frugality Fuel Gas generic groceries home hybrids inflation insurance Las Vegas leverage loyalty cards lunch madatory arbitration maximize medicine Mike Wolfe milk modern money saving Motorcycles Obama parking Paypal pickup truck Practical Prius privacy protect Review rights rules save scratches shopping storage SUV television think it through tools transportation travel use Vacation vehicles waiver Waste
Monthly Archives: January 2015
Well, we just endured another nauseating, divisive, pie-in-sky, head-in-the-sand speech from Barack Obama. Also known as the President’s State of the Union speech, Obama regaled his Democratic constituents with promises of yet new waves of big government tax and spend … Continue reading
Recently, USA Today revisited a popular subject amongst early retirement hopefuls: the so called “four percent rule.” The basic concept is that if a retiree withdraws no more than four percent of his portfolio per year, he should have enough … Continue reading
If you really want to excel in frugal living, the first thing to work on is not so much your spending habits but your mindset. All the rest follows. Frugal living, you see, is more than making deliberate effort to … Continue reading
Hypermiling is the latest vogue approach to maximizing fuel efficiency with extreme driving techniques and vehicle modifications. The father of hypermiling is arguably Wayne Gerdes of Wisconsin, who boasts of such achievements as getting 59 miles pergallon in a non-hybrid … Continue reading