- Some Thoughts on the Utter Hell of Air Travel – with a particular shout-out to Delta
- Target – No Place for Bananas and a Larger Lesson in Frugal Living
- Why DO so many women support Hillary Clinton? (Part II)
- So why DO so many women support Hillary Clinton?
- Secret “Shame” of the American Middle Class?
- American Pickers Appliances aspirin auto Autos brown bag budget business practices car choice Clinton collision comprehensive consumers Coupon coupons credit cards damage Definition dents dings Driving eating out entitlement spending food Frank Fritz frequent shopper cards frugal frugality Fuel Gas generic groceries home hybrids inflation insurance Las Vegas leverage loyalty cards lunch madatory arbitration maximize medicine Mike Wolfe milk modern money saving Motorcycles Obama parking Paypal pickup truck Practical Prius privacy protect Review rights rules save scratches shopping storage SUV television think it through tools transportation travel use Vacation vehicles waiver Waste
Tag Archives: auto
If you read this blog, you already know the importance of thinking it through in order to make a choice that is not only frugal but practical. When it comes to transportation, for example, we see that motorcycles really do … Continue reading
Hypermiling is the latest vogue approach to maximizing fuel efficiency with extreme driving techniques and vehicle modifications. The father of hypermiling is arguably Wayne Gerdes of Wisconsin, who boasts of such achievements as getting 59 miles pergallon in a non-hybrid … Continue reading
I tell you, sometimes I see things that just shake me up. Just check out this picture that I took from a downtown parking garage that I sometimes use. It is a site I see pretty much any time I … Continue reading
People often wonder just how much money they can save by purchasing a Toyota Prius. With the Prius’ famed EPA fuel consumption estimates of 51 miles per gallon city and 48 highway, everyone believes it is not a question of … Continue reading
Hello everyone, and apologies for the lack of discussion recently. The posts I wrote about the myths of motorcycles saving money generated some good questions about my views on hybrid cars. I’m putting together a post that looks at the … Continue reading
There is plenty of basic advice on the web for reducing auto insurance costs. One of the recurring recommendations is to reduce your auto insurance premium on collision and comprehensive coverage by raising your deductible. Others suggest dropping collision and … Continue reading