- Some Thoughts on the Utter Hell of Air Travel – with a particular shout-out to Delta
- Target – No Place for Bananas and a Larger Lesson in Frugal Living
- Why DO so many women support Hillary Clinton? (Part II)
- So why DO so many women support Hillary Clinton?
- Secret “Shame” of the American Middle Class?
- American Pickers Appliances aspirin auto Autos brown bag budget business practices car choice Clinton collision comprehensive consumers Coupon coupons credit cards damage Definition dents dings Driving eating out entitlement spending food Frank Fritz frequent shopper cards frugal frugality Fuel Gas generic groceries home hybrids inflation insurance Las Vegas leverage loyalty cards lunch madatory arbitration maximize medicine Mike Wolfe milk modern money saving Motorcycles Obama parking Paypal pickup truck Practical Prius privacy protect Review rights rules save scratches shopping storage SUV television think it through tools transportation travel use Vacation vehicles waiver Waste
Tag Archives: transportation
If you do not believe in hell, you have little experience with air travel. Unfortunately, I have such experience, lots of it. I know painfully, horribly well the cycle of disappointment, frustration, anger, and extreme physical and mental exhaustion that … Continue reading
If you read this blog, you already know the importance of thinking it through in order to make a choice that is not only frugal but practical. When it comes to transportation, for example, we see that motorcycles really do … Continue reading
A popular website that touts the virtues of simple and frugal living is Mr. Money Mustache. The site shares the philosophy of a thirty-something (maybe forty or so now) computer engineer who retired young and now lives the good life … Continue reading
Buy a used car and save tons of money. How many times have you heard it? It’s one of the top five suggestions on any “how to save money” article. It has become part and parcel of the frugalist mindset, … Continue reading
With each new surge in gas prices, a frequently asked question is whether motorcycles offer substantial savings in fuel consumption. The related question is whether motorcycles have a place in practical frugal living. The questions make sense enough. After all, … Continue reading
So there I am, driving the family down for our last beach trip of the summer of 2012 in our reasonably fuel efficient 2004 Hyundai Sonata. With gas again pushing four dollars a gallon and still rising, I’m thinking maybe, … Continue reading