- Some Thoughts on the Utter Hell of Air Travel – with a particular shout-out to Delta
- Target – No Place for Bananas and a Larger Lesson in Frugal Living
- Why DO so many women support Hillary Clinton? (Part II)
- So why DO so many women support Hillary Clinton?
- Secret “Shame” of the American Middle Class?
- American Pickers Appliances aspirin auto Autos brown bag budget business practices car choice Clinton collision comprehensive consumers Coupon coupons credit cards damage Definition dents dings Driving eating out entitlement spending food Frank Fritz frequent shopper cards frugal frugality Fuel Gas generic groceries home hybrids inflation insurance Las Vegas leverage loyalty cards lunch madatory arbitration maximize medicine Mike Wolfe milk modern money saving Motorcycles Obama parking Paypal pickup truck Practical Prius privacy protect Review rights rules save scratches shopping storage SUV television think it through tools transportation travel use Vacation vehicles waiver Waste
Tag Archives: travel
If you do not believe in hell, you have little experience with air travel. Unfortunately, I have such experience, lots of it. I know painfully, horribly well the cycle of disappointment, frustration, anger, and extreme physical and mental exhaustion that … Continue reading
Hello everyone, and apologies for the lack of discussion recently. The posts I wrote about the myths of motorcycles saving money generated some good questions about my views on hybrid cars. I’m putting together a post that looks at the … Continue reading
When it comes to frugal living, winter weather deserves a little love. Sure, we all curse those snow and ice covered roads and frigid temperatures, but, when you really think it through, we can really learn a lot about a … Continue reading
Yesterday, I introduced you to my recent first, and hopefully last, trip to Las Vegas. I left off with me heading out to the Las Vegas “strip” in search of a reasonably priced meal. For pedestrians, the strip is a … Continue reading
Well, I’m back after a two day stay in lovely Las Vegas. I know what you’re thinking: “What’s a nice, frugal man like you doing visiting Las Vegas?” Unfortunately, I had no choice, as one of my important clients participates … Continue reading
So there I am, driving the family down for our last beach trip of the summer of 2012 in our reasonably fuel efficient 2004 Hyundai Sonata. With gas again pushing four dollars a gallon and still rising, I’m thinking maybe, … Continue reading
I closed my last post by stating that the popular History Channel program American Pickers offers nothing from a frugal living point of view. In fact, many of the American Pickers episodes model practices that need to be avoided by … Continue reading